Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jokes for Writers

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his English class one day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."


A visitor to a certain college paused to admire the new Hemingway Hall that had been built on campus.
"It's a pleasure to see a building named for Ernest Hemingway," he said.
"Actually," said his guide, "it's named for Joshua Hemingway. No relation."
The visitor was astonished. "Was Joshua Hemingway a writer, also?"
"Yes, indeed," said his guide. "He wrote a check."


I spent a lot of time staring at the computer screen lately and I believe it has affected my vision or maybe I'm just due for a visit at the Eye Doc. My eyesight keeps fading in and out and I keep thinking my glasses are dirty. It's really annoying! But it got me thinking about what would happen to my *cough *cough writing abilities if I was going blind. I can type fine without looking but how would I read over what I've written, how would I edit myself? I could get my Mac to read the text for me but voice technology is not so great. Have my boyfriend read to me, hum I doubt that, he barely reads my stories as is. Oh I know hire an assistant and pretend I was some kind of famous author... I can dream can't I?

Anyone else fear going blind?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: