Monday, August 25, 2008

Things to Share - 08/25/08

Quotes of the Day

It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously.
  - Peter Ustinov

I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
  - Orson Welles

If we were not all so interested in ourselves, life would be so uninteresting that none of us would be able to endure it.
  - Arthur Schopenhauer

Useless Knowledge

Fashionable ladies of the sixteenth century thought it elegant to allow their pubic hair to grow as lengthy as possible. This way, it could be braided, pomaded, and embellished with bows and ribbons.

Extraordinary Info

The origin of the word "volcano" is derives from Vulcan, the Roman god of fire.

New Links

How Niagara Falls Originated

Quotes for Sisters & Brothers

Can you find the faces?

Something to Ponder

image

Why does unscented hairspray smell?   

What does Geronimo yell when he jumps out of a plane?

Top Stories

Watching the convention is like seeing a bad divorce

Baltimore Sun - all 1570 related »

The drinking age

Kingston Daily Freeman - all 1744 related »

Kyrgyz plane crash kills 65

Reuters - all 1299 related »

Pakistan party mulls leaving coalition

AFP - all 3657 related »

Russian lawmakers meet on rebel Georgian regions

Reuters - all 395 related »

Jokes

Old Ladies' Nogginsspacer

Three old ladies are sitting in a diner, chatting about various things. One lady says, "You know, I'm getting really forgetful. This morning, I was standing at the top of the stairs, and I couldn't remember whether I had just come up or was about to go down."

The second lady says, "You think that's bad? The other day, I was sitting on the edge of my bed and I couldn't remember whether I was going to sleep or had just woken up!

The third lady smiles smugly, "Well, my memory is just as good as it's always been, knock on wood," she says as she raps on the table. Then with a startled look on her face, she asks, "Who's there?"

Texas Sphinctersspacer

On the seventh day, God said, "Let there be football."

And it was good.

Later that day, God said, "Let there be one team to rule the others and set the standard for excellence."

With that, he plucked a star from the heavens and placed it on the helmet of silver and blue.

God said, "Let it be called, ''The Dallas Cowboys'' - America''s team."

Later that day, God said, "Even Cowboys need a**holes."

Choking

spacerOne day at a local buffet, a man suddenly called out, "My son is choking! He swallowed a quarter! Help! Please, anyone! Help!"

A man from a nearby table stood up and announced that he was quite experienced at this sort of thing. He stepped over with almost no look of concern at all, wrapped his hands around the boy's balls and squeezed. Out popped the quarter. The man then went back to his table as though nothing had happened.

"Thank you! Thank you!" the father cried. "Are you a paramedic?"

"No," replied the man, "I work for the IRS."

Stuff from HowStuffWorks.Com

How Bartering Works

Imagine a world without cash or credit cards. You'd barter to get what you need and want. Today, people and businesses are still trading goods and services. But can these cash-free transactions be taxed?

Can we replant the planet's rainforests?

Saving the rainforest used to be about protesting the number of trees that were cut down. But some researchers propose that reforestation could combat habitat loss and animal extinction. Can we really bring a decimated rainforest back to life?

You Might Be a Redneck

You might be a REDNECK if...

...you've ever hit a deer with your car...deliberately.

Lyrics

Angel Flying to Close to the Ground - Willie Nelson

If you had not have fallen
then I would not have found you
Angel flying too close to the ground
I patched up your broken wing and hung around for a while
trying to keep your spirits up and your fever down
So leave me if you need to, I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground.
I knew someday that you would fly away
for love's the greatest healer to be found
So leave me if you need to, I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground
Fly on fly on past, the speed of sound
I'd rather see you up than see you down
So leave me if you need to, I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground.

Until Next Time, Remember: No matter where you go, there you are.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: