Friday, August 15, 2008

Things to Share - 08/15/08

Hooters Girl of the Moment       Picture of the Day

hoot122006_027 ride home 090

Quotes of the Day

Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings.
  - Evan Esar

My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's.
  - Oscar Wilde

In all recorded history there has not been one economist who has had to worry about where the next meal would come from.
  - Peter Drucker

Useless Knowledge

Early Roman fashion designers combined the Greek perzoma, the first fabricated underwear, and the Etruscan succinta, a belt, and produced the bikini for use by athletes. Little did they realize their innovation would one day revolutionize swimwear, plus boost sales of Sports Illustrated.

New Links

Quotes for Sisters & Brothers

Can you find the faces?

Facts

The whale's heart beats about 10 times a minute.

Margaret Knight invented a shuttle restraining device at age 9.

Housefly lives for about a month.

Something to Ponder

If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia can you read all right?

                                                                                     ponderimage2

Weird Stuff

Naked reveller sparks search, runs away

Meet the dog that loves UB40

Men claim to have found 'Bigfoot'

Jokes of the Day

Seven Words

"In honor of the late George Carlin, here are seven more words you can't say on TV: ''And the Emmy goes to Bob Saget."
- Jeffrey Ross

Deadbeat in a Bar

A man walked into a bar on a slow night and sat down. After a few minutes, the bartender asked him if he wanted a drink.

He replied, "No thanks. I don't drink. I tried it once, but I didn't like it."

So the bartender said, "Well, would you like a cigarette?"

But the man said, "No thanks. I don't smoke. I tried it once, but I didn't like it."

The bartender asked him if he'd like to play a game of pool, and again the man said, "No thanks. I don't like pool. I tried it once, but I didn't like it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be here at all, but I'm waiting for my son."

The bartender said, "Your only son, I'm guessing."

Sensitive Menspacer

Why is it so difficult to find men who are caring, sensitive, and good-looking?

They already have boyfriends.

You might be a REDNECK if...

...your Junior/Senior Prom had a Daycare.

                                                   cartoon

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

blackguard: a scoundrel.

And now, last but not least.....

Today's Reason to Drink

August 15, 2008

It's time for a toga party! Today is Ferragosto, which is in remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday for Augustus.

 

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.  Make the best of it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: